Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In Pursuit of Farm Fresh Flavor

The connection between what I put in my body, the land around me and the miracle of things that grow makes me feel as if I’m part of something bigger than myself.

This is a great passage from a recent story in the New York Times about the increase in farmers' markets across the nation. Read the entire New York Times farmers' market story...

At the Missouri Department of Agriculture I receive many phone calls daily about new markets popping up across the state or communities interested in starting markets in their own hometowns. Consumers are aware of where and how their food is produced, plus they want the freshest produce available.

There are more than 125 markets across our state and that number is growing steadily. I look forward in watching the future of Missouri's markets and the push for "buying fresh, buying local."

No comments: