Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thank You

Farmers' Market Friends,

Today is my last day working as a Marketing Intern for the Missouri Department of Agriculture. It has been a pleasure to get to know all of you this summer, and my experience with MDA has heightened my love as well as broadened my knowledge of Missouri agriculture.

This summer has been an outstanding one--I got to visit farmers' markets across the state, participate in farm tours and other farm events, and help with the first ever farmers' market at the Missouri State Fair. I learned more about fresh produce and the techniques and regulations in raising that throughout this summer than I may have ever learned in my lifetime without the internship experience. These are just a few of the things I have experienced this summer, and every day with MDA I have learned something new.

Thank you so much for contributing to my wonderful summer. This fall I will be continuing my post-secondary education at the University of Missouri as an Agricultural Education major with an emphasis in Leadership and Communications. I will no longer have my Missouri Department of Agriculture email address, so send all questions to Lane.McConnell@mda.mo.gov. However, if I can help you in the future in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at my school email: cdj6x6@mizzou.edu.

Thanks again and I hope to see you all sometime in the future.

Charlotte

No comments: